We are excited to announce we are collaborating with Ilkley’s newly opened healthy food restaurant, Filmore and Union!
Together we are inviting locals to get “net-walking” for charity on 16 September.
‘Get Ilkley Walking’ is our latest drive to encourage Ilkley’s professionals to take part in heart-racing outdoor activity during the working day on behalf of Heart Research UK.
Statistics from the charity show that full-time workers spend an average of 1,800 hours at work each year and for those who are office-based, much of this is spent sat down for long periods of time.
Join us on the day for…
- A fun-filled warm up with opportunities to share business cards
- A ‘Get Ilkley Walking’ wrist band and a free ‘Approach PR’ water bottle
- A guided one hour walk filled with valuable networking opportunities
- Free fresh remedy juices, super seed bars and gluten free wraps to give a boost to the working afternoon from Filmore & Union
- A HRUK stand hosted by mascot, Hartley, with opportunities to take a #HealthySelfie as well as finding out more about supporting the charity
- Healthy heart checks delivered by HRUK
Setting off at 12pm on 16 September from the bandstand on The Grove, we will be taking you on the Darwin walk, please allow one hour for this. For full route details, do get in touch. The event will also be open to the general public, welcoming families, individuals and the perfect walking companion, dogs.
‘Get Ilkley Walking’ requires a minimum £3 donation with all proceeds going to Heart Research UK. For more information or to register please visit here or contact Rebekha on Rebekha@approachpr.com or call 01943 603805
Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date on our latest #HealthyHeartApproach activities.
For more information on Heart Research UK visit www.heartresearch.org.uk.