We’re saying cheers to our sixteenth year in business by stepping up our CSR commitment and donating time and expertise to five charitable causes. From dogs to neighbours, we’ve each been given 16 hours to volunteer for an organisation of our choice.
Priding ourselves on community spirit, this year we will be raising money, building awareness and volunteering our time to not just one but five different charities and organisations for a total of 96 hours.
Giving the choice to each member of staff has allowed the full team to feel truly passionate about the support they are giving. We take real pride in our annual CSR commitments and community involvement and could think of no better way to celebrate our ‘sweet-sixteen’ than by stepping up our charity work.
The chosen charities are:
- Ilkley and District Good Neighbours: Suzanne will be helping to raise awareness for Ilkley and District Good Neighbours, a charity that helps to improve the lives of the most vulnerable members of the community.
- Moor-View Rescue: Rebekha will be volunteering her time to Moor-View Rescue, a centre which offers a safe environment for animals who have been lost or neglected, giving them a second chance in life by finding a perfect home. You’ll find Rebekha dog walking through the Yorkshire Dales this spring!
- Reading Matters: The Bradford-based charity that helps children, young people and adults reach their potential by becoming confident readers, will use the 16 hours to learn and develop from Anisha’s PR and social media expertise.
- Candlelighters: Helen and Georgia will be combining their hours to support the Yorkshire-wide children’s cancer charity, Candlelighters.
- Simon on the Streets: Lynne will be taking part in Simon on the Street’s annual rough sleeping fundraising event, #sleepwithsimon. The event aims to give an insight into the root causes of homelessness and how the organisation provides help.
On top of our individual commitments, we are offering our sixth year of free PR and social media support for Ilkley Carnival. This year’s movie theme is providing a lot of opportunities for really fun engagement with the local community!
Follow our social media channels to keep up to date with our activities.