The Young War Poet campaign aimed to get local schools involved in poetry and spoken word and help raise awareness of the Kirkgate Shopping education initiative.
In its second year, the Young War Poet campaign reached out to more schools and local writing groups than ever before.
Our brief was to raise the competition’s profile and build on Kirkgate Shopping’s reputation as a family friendly centre.
- Generated 47 pieces of press coverage
- Reached 26,730,203 audience
- Confirmed a renowned poet and spoken word artist as a competition judge
- Organised the finale event which was attended by over 100 people
- Received over 100 competition entries from across Yorkshire
- Engagements on campaign social media posts: 1,182
“I was so happy to win Kirkgate Shopping’s Young War Poet competition and having the opportunity to perform my entry in front of my family at the centre. I really enjoyed writing my entry, ‘The Fate of Soldiers’, and couldn’t wait to meet with Anthony again for the workshop and learn more about the spoken-word as a whole.” Aamnah Rafaqat, winner of Young War Poet 2017