When the Prime Minister backs an initiative you’re managing the profile of, you know you’ve struck PR gold!
Theresa May’s endorsement of Bradford Manufacturing Week was just one jewel in the crown of our seven-month campaign to launch and support this unique West and North Yorkshire Chamber initiative which aimed to partner manufacturers with schools to educate young people about career opportunities in the sector.
Half a page in the Daily Mail, mentions on BBC Breakfast and profiling on the regional BBC news were just some of the highlights of this inaugural campaign which delivered 3,000 manufacturing experiences to over 1,000 young people in half of Bradford’s secondary schools.
- Over 130 print and online media cuttings with 25 million audience reach – 25 cuttings in the manufacturing and education trade media
- Half page feature in the Daily Mail careers section
- Broadcast coverage (BBC Breakfast, Look North, BBC Radio BCB radio)
- Developing social networking platforms from scratch, with more than 550,000 Twitter impressions and 60,000 LinkedIn impressions over 7 months (with the top 3 audience segments on LinkedIn being people from the machinery, construction and higher education sectors)
- Creation of Bradford Manufacturing Live with 40 students ‘interviewing’ experts
- 3,000 manufacturing experiences delivered to 14-18 year-olds from over half the district’s secondary schools
- Over 40 manufacturers signed up
- Sponsors included Gordons LLP, Barclays, Naylor Wintersgill, Bradford University and Leeds Bradford Airport
- Endorsement from Prime Minister Theresa May and congratulations from Andrea Leadsom and an agreement to host a debate in government time on ‘the skills young people need to access those manufacturing jobs’
- Support from MPs John Grogan and Judith Cummings
- Congratulations from Stephen Phipson, Chief Exec of EEF in front of 300 manufacturers at the annual Manufacturing Dinner
“I don’t have any observations to make that aren’t positive.”
“The coverage is superb – it very much appears that Bradford is re-establishing itself on the national stage!”
“Bradford Manufacturing Week is a great opportunity to demonstrate how our strong economy and modern Industrial Strategy is enabling business to thrive across all sectors, as well as enabling future generations to see the potential of a career in the manufacturing industry. I would like to wish everyone involved in Bradford Manufacturing Week good luck for the days ahead and congratulate Bradford Chamber of Commerce, as well as the sponsors and businesses taking part, for making it happen.” Prime Minister, Theresa May