Making sure you pick the right PR and social media agency to meet your needs can be a challenge. You are entering into a business partnership and your chosen agency needs to fully understand your company – not to mention that little thing called chemistry, which obviously cannot be planned or anticipated.
A very big part of getting the right fit comes down to the briefing process. We have received briefs with two or three sentences regarding what the company wanted, which simply is never going to cut the mustard.
You may have been through the briefing process before, or it may be a brand new activity for you, but we have pulled together our top tips on what we suggest including, to ensure you select the right agency for you:
- An outline of your business strategy (no need for pages and pages of text, a paragraph or two summarising it is perfect)
- How do PR and social media fit in to this strategy?
- What is the budget? (Ball park figures here are fine)
- Who are you hoping to speak with? (Your key audiences are…)
- What does success look like to you? (Targets and expected outcomes, including a note as to what you consider to be the key media)
- Are there other elements of the marketing mix taking place on this activity? (It is important to know if this activity is to amplify and support activity or not)
- What are the timings for activity?
While all of this may sound like a lot of hassle, setting aside an hour or two of your time to pull together this information will be more than worth it in the long run – you will hopefully end up with a match made in heaven.
If you would ever like to discuss your PR and / or social media needs, get in touch with us. We would love to have a chat.
Image sourced from Pixabay.